Get Involved. Make the Most of I-House.
The I-House Program Office is here to create opportunities for residents to foster intercultural friendships and have fun through signature I-House events, student-initiated programs, trips and activities.
We accomplish this by working in collaboration with I-House residents, Resident Council, the Robertson Center for Intercultural Leadership, Resident Services and the greater UC Berkeley Community in order to build meaningful connections between I-House and its many stakeholders.
We will update this page with opportunities as they arise throughout the year.
Looking forward to working with you!
Completed Submissions Due: Sunday, April 2, 2017
1. Make a one-minute to three-minute video* about ONE of the following topics accompanied with a brief synopsis of what you want to deliver in your video.
- What have you done to help achieve the I-House’s goal of having “Zero-waste by 2020”?
- How do you address the I-House’ process of practicing and achieving Environmental Sustainability?
- What is sustainability like in your community or home country and how can that be applied at I-House?
- Make a video about any of your favorite environmental or sustainability topics and how they could benefit I-House.
*There can be as many people as you’d like to be in the video. There is no limit on the type of the video. It can humorous, informative or musical. BE OBSERVANT and CREATIVE!
2. Submit your video. Deadline Sunday April 2nd, 2017 (The end of Spring Break)
3. Judging: The best videos are going to be determined by Resident Council and
Sustainability Coordinators based on the following categories:
- Concept and Content
- Video Production Quality
- First place: $250 Amazon Gift Card
- Second place: $150 Amazon Gift Card
- Third place: $100 Amazon Gift Card
Winners will be notified by April 14, 2017. Their videos will be highlighted during Cal Day @ I-House on April 22nd and at the last Sunday Supper on April 23rd.
All video entries will premier at the mini "I-House Sustainability Film Fest" @ a Coffee Hour in April.
Join the 2016-2017 I-House Sustainability Group